ดูผลบอลสด_sbobet ฟรี เครดิต ล่าสุด_เว็บพนันบอล ต่างประเทศ

CityU couldn’t call itself a global university if international students weren’t a huge part of who we are. More than 300 students from around the world attend CityU in greater Seattle and Vancouver, Canada.

If you’re an international student who’s interested in pursuing your education in CityU in Canada, please contact one of our student advisors at check out our brochure.? ?We’ll?answer?your?questions, assist with the application process and, once you’re on campus, help with your studies.

Who is considered an international student?

The population of Canada is divided in three main categories: citizens, permanent residents also known as landed immigrants and temporary residents. Temporary residents are legally in Canada for temporary needs, including foreign workers, tourists and international students. In other words students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada are considered international students; this includes US citizens without a dual citizenship (Student Permit, Work Permit, Temporary visa or any other type of Visa).

What programs are open to international students?

Due to visa regulations,?CityU in Canada only accepts international students into our full-time?academic degree programs at our Vancouver, BC location. At this time, these include:

International?students?must maintain continuous full-time enrollment in order to preserve their study permit visa.

City University offers a series of programs for international students at the Seattle, Washington, USA site. Please contact the International Admission Office in Seattle for additional information about your options:

Academic and English Proficiency Requirements

The academic requirements for international students are the same as for domestic students seeking to enroll in our programs.? However, individuals whose prior coursework degree was earned outside?CityU’s recognized English-speaking countries?(Canada, USA, UK, NZ, Australia, Ireland) are required to? submit official proof of English proficiency (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL, etc.) as indicated below. For more detail about CityU’s English proficiency policies, click here.

Standardized Test Undergraduate Programs Graduate Programs
iTEP Plus 4 4.5
TOEFL iBT 76 87
University of Cambridge ESOL Exams FCE First Certificate in English CAE Certificate in Advanced English
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) ?Band 6.0 Band 6.5
CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) Overall 60; Writing 60 ?Overall 70; Writing 70
PTE (Pearson Test of English) 51 59
The EIKEN Test in Practical English Proficiency EIKEN Grade Pre-1 EIKEN Grade 1
WEST-B (Washington Educator Basic Skills Test) OSPI passing scores on Reading & Writing Sections N/A
ELS ELS Level 109 Intensive Program ELS Level 112 Intensive Program

Admission requirements for international students

In addition to the admissions requirements for all students, international students will also need to include the following information with their admissions application:

  1. International students should submit an International Student Application instead of a domestic student application.
  2. Current bank statement(s) demonstrating the ability to pay?living and tuition expenses for the first year of the program.? These bank statements can be in your name or that of your sponsor.
  3. If you have a sponsor who will be assisting you with the cost of the program, please include a letter from the sponsor indicating his/her willingness to sponsor you for the duration of the program.
  4. Copy of the ID page of your passport with photo. Your immigration documents are only valid as long as your passport is valid. Renew your passport at least six months before its expiry date to avoid an interruption in your studies.
  5. Copy of proof of medical insurance.? You many need to apply for private health insurance coverage for the first 3 months and provincial health care thereafter.? See below for details
  6. Information form:? This form provides emergency contact information and other information to help our advisement team better support you in your academic program.
  7. Before you will be enrolled in classes, you will need to provide a copy of your?Study Permit and/or any other official document issued by Canadian authorities.

Acceptance process and study permits

If you are admitted into one of our full-time programs, you will receive a conditional letter of acceptance pending the verification of your application information with the registrar’s office.?? This conditional letter?cannot be used for immigration purposes.???You will be issued a?separate?acceptance letter after the?Registrar’s Office has verified the transcript credentials and?you have?met all of the additional terms pertaining to international admissions that can be submitted with your application for a study permit.

International students are responsible for applying?for and securing their own study permit from the Canadian Federal government.

Study Permit: A Study Permit is a document issue by Citizenship and Immigration Canada that allowing an international student to study in Canada for a limited time.

Before your arrival:

  • Get your acceptance letter after submitting all required documents.
  • Apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) – (except for citizens of visa exempt countries)
  • Apply for a Study Permit

After your arrival:

  • Submit a copy of your Study Permit to your CityU advisor as soon as you arrive in Canada. . Remember that you must maintain your student permit and obtain work authorization when applicable to remain legally in the country..
  • You might need to extend your Study Permit; click here for additional information about the process.
  • Only students who have carried a full-time load for at least six months?will quality for study permits; click here for additional information.

After graduation:

  • Some students? decide to stay in Canada after graduation. International students who complete their degrees from City University may qualify for up to three years post graduation work permits. Click here for additional information about the process.

For information on how to apply for a Canadian study permit, please click here.

Please allow ample time for immigration processing as international students are not allowed to attend classes without the appropriate Study Permit.?

Medical Insurance for International students

All international students are required to present proof that they have medical insurance in effect at the time of enrollment. If you have insurance, please submit this form.

Alternately, the International Student Office Advisors can provide details concerning a health insurance plan made available through City University in cooperation with a private insurance company.

International students are eligible for provincially subsidized health care.?For information on how to apply, please visit these sites.


Tuition fees and schedule

International students and domestic students pay the same base tuition at CityU in Canada.? Download our tuition fee schedule for the current school year HERE.

Housing Options


If you are looking for a place to live until you settle down in a long-term apartment, there are plenty of hotels near CityU. Most hotels offer a shuttle from the airport or taxi service.

The YWCA Hotel Vancouver is safe and affordable option in Downtown Vancouver

Student Residences

If you are looking for a student orientated housing option, Global Education City (GEC) is a student residence located in Vancouver. They offer student hotels as well as serviced apartments.


Airbnb has many short and long term options for students.? Visit their site to investigate your options.

For more information regarding moving to and living in?Vancouver, visit our International Student Resources page.